The American Parks & Recreation Foundation (Foundation), nonprofit philanthropic partner of the American Academy for Park & Recreation Administration (Academy), is sponsoring scholarships to cover the tuition for two (2) first-year students to attend the National Recreation & Park Association’s 2022 Supervisors Management School, which will be held November 6-10 at the nationally acclaimed Oglebay National Training Center in Wheeling, WV. The Supervisors Management School is designed to prepare parks and recreation professionals to become a first-time supervisor or to sharpen the skills that will make you a more effective supervisor, manager, and leader.
Nominations are being accepted for the 2022 Supervisors Management School scholarships
Your nomination must be supported by a current member of the Academy or by a graduate of the 2nd Year of the Supervisors Management School. Eligible applicants must be a current member of NRPA.
A Sampling of Session Topics in Year 1:
- When to Lead When to Manage
- Selecting & Keeping the Right Employee
- Building Trust
- Organizational Culture - Your Role, Your Responsibility
- Creating a Motivating Work Environment and Empowering the employees you supervise
Scholarship awards will prioritize candidates:
- From a minority population or any group that is underrepresented in the parks and recreation profession
- From a parks and recreation agency that cannot not pay a candidate’s tuition without a scholarship
Welcome & Quick Start Guide
We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly.
If you do not receive an email stating your application has been received, please contact us at email@example.com.
Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.