2023 AAPRA Urban Directors Membership Nomination
Thank you for your interest in membership in the Academy.
Urban Director nominees must be a Director or Chief Executive Officer of a major Federal, State, Regional, County (or Parish) or City with a population of 500,000 or more; a political appointee; and a Director or Chief Executive Officer without extensive park and recreation experience.
Members of the Academy Board of Directors may NOT nominate an urban director candidate nor may they write a support letter.
AAPRA commits to promote, nourish, and embody an inclusive and equitable environment, strengthen our commitment to promote justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, combat systemic and structural racism, and promote a culture of equality for all, through our knowledge advancement, research, education, and scholarly efforts.
Nominees are encouraged to review the criteria for membership prior to completing the Nomination Form. Each nomination MUST include a statement from the Academy member explaining why they are nominating the individual for membership and two (2) support letters from other Academy members. Additional support letters will NOT be considered. Support letters must be specific in explaining what the nominee will offer the Academy.
Nominees must provide a written statement (asked in the nomination form) addressing the question, "Why are you seeking Academy membership and how will you contribute to the profession as an Academy member?"
Nominations close June 9, 2023, 5:00 pm PDT.
Submittable Welcome & Quick Start Guide
- You will need to create a free Submittable account, or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials in order to submit to these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- This platform allows for multiple collaborators to contribute to the content of the application.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission
- Please make sure you are using a supported browser. Our platform works best on Firefox, and also works well in Chrome and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- You can download Firefox by following the instructions linked here.
- You can download Chrome by following the instructions linked here.
We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly. Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.