The American Parks & Recreation Foundation (Foundation), nonprofit philanthropic partner of the American Academy for Park & Recreation Administration (Academy), is sponsoring scholarships to cover the tuition for two (2) professionals to attend the National Recreation & Park Association’s 2023 Revenue Development & Management School (Year 1), which will be held March 12-17 at the Oglebay National Training Center in Wheeling, WV. The Revenue Development & Management School is designed to provide parks and recreation professionals with the knowledge, skills. and resources to build and manage budgets and develop alternative revenue streams.
Key subjects covered in Year 1:
- The components of revenue development and management
- How to position parks and recreation as an essential service that drives economic development
- The value of developing partnerships with community and corporate sponsors
- How to develop a cost recovery plan
- Where to find cost savings and efficiencies
- How to find additional revenue-generating areas within and outside your agency
Who should apply? Parks and recreation agency supervisors, managers and directors who are responsible for generating revenues.
Your nomination must be supported by a current member of the Academy or by a graduate of the Revenue Development & Management School (Year 2). Eligible applicants must be a current member of NRPA.
The Foundation board considers an applicant’s experience, goals, passion, diversity and financial need as important criteria in the application evaluation and scholarship selection process.
Required materials to be submitted through the on-line application:
- Letter of nomination from a Revenue Development & Management School Year 2 graduate or an Academy member
- Letter from your parks and recreation agency or park district’s director that states why your organization is dependent on the scholarship to attend the 2023 Revenue Development & Management School
- Letter describing your status as a member of a minority population or a group that is underrepresented in the parks and recreation profession.
- Resume (not to exceed two pages)
- Essay describing how attending the Revenue Development & Management School will help you achieve your professional development goal of becoming an effective administrator (not to exceed 500 words)
- A commitment from the agency to support and fund the applicant’s participation/attendance in Year 2 of the Revenue School
Questions? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the 2023 Revenue Development & Management School at https://learning.nrpa.org/RDMS
Revenue Development & Management School is a partnership including the National Recreation & Park Association, Oglebay National Training Center, and North Carolina State University
Welcome & Quick Start Guide to Submittable Applications
- Create a free Submittable account, or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials in order to submit to these forms.
- Save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- Application changes cannot be made after the deadline. However changes can be made after submitting by using the request to withdraw your submission and then resubmit.
This application platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
Follow-up regarding your submission will be via email. Please be sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email used to sign up for the Submittable Account regularly. Please contact us at email@example.com if you do not receive an email notification your application has been received. Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.